Free Spirit Community ©2016
Declaration of Free Church Status
We, the founding members of the Free Spirit Community declare for any and all who would hear that we are an independent and Free Church as provided for by the first amendment of the Bill of Rights of the United States.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
This clause protects an absolute freedom of belief. The Founders saw religious liberty as a natural right, and so the First Amendment ensures that all people have an equality of rights to practice their faith. While originally written to apply to actions of the federal government, it was incorporated into state governments through the Fourteenth Amendment by the Supreme Court in the case of Cantwell v. Connecticut (1940)
We further declare that we accept our responsibility to abide by Local, State and Federal Laws, but as a Church will not participate in or endorse any Governmental or Political endeavor, activity, organization, entity or agent. Our primary responsibility shall be to create a closer personal relationship with the Divine Source for the Free Spirit Community members.
Definition of Free Church -
Churches and religious organizations, like many other charitable organizations, qualify for exemption from federal income tax under IRC Section 501(c)(3) and are generally eligible to receive tax-
1) the organization must be organized and operated exclusively for religious, educational, scientific or other charitable purposes;
2) net earnings may not inure to the benefit of any private individual or shareholder;
3) no substantial part of its activity may be attempting to influence legislation;
4) the organization may not intervene in political campaigns; and
5) the organization’s purposes and activities may not be illegal or violate fundamental public policy.
Recognition of Tax-
Automatic Exemption for Churches -
Utah Charitable Solicitation Act
Free Spirit Community is recognized as an exempt charity under Utah’s Charitable Solicitation Act Section 13-
|Code of Conduct|